The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, July 16, 2012

Yayay for a Visit from the Segers!

Our friends recently purchased a brand new Toyota Sienna, so they really wanted to get that bad boy out on the road for a drive...so they came to see us!  Barton...what a hot spot!

Melissa and Lydia had visited the month before, but we were so thrilled to see them again!!  Their little girl, Lydia, is just too cute!!!  It's also amazing what a difference a month truly makes when it comes to kids!  When we visited in May, Samuel and Lydia were little night owls...which was fine because Melissa and I spent the night catching up!  This time though, our kids hit the sack much earlier!  It was a beautiful thing to witness!

Eric made dinner for us (THANKS ERIC!) and it was tasty!  Then we went outside for a walk.  Lydia wanted to see all the sights, you know like the creek :0)  One day she'll be big enough to get in!  Melissa apparently has the same problem I do with mosquito's, so she brilliantly layered her clothes...I really should take a few notes from her!

SEE!  Look how cute Lydia is?  (And Mel too!)




I was eager to see how Samuel would do with a little one around, but he didn't really pay her any mind.  He was busy with his bucket and playing in the creek!


Mel, Lydia, and Rob checking out the old bridge


I was even more thrilled that Samuel and Lydia warmed up to everyone and was mainly all smiles all evening!!!  Lydia liked playing the touch my finger game!





Samuel also showed off his water table skills.  We still think Lydia NEEDS one!



Enjoying a nice cool evening with friends!






When it started getting dark we went inside where Samuel provided us with entertainment...a diaper and large pot on his head!  He had a lot of fun with that one!


Melissa has decided to make Lydia's first birthday cake!  Quite ambitious!  And she and Rob did an amazing job their first go!  I think once they left here and returned home, they proceeded to make another half dozen cakes or so!  I secretly think Melissa has a secret talent for cake making, the last one she made (and the one they are making for Lydia's birthday) is really awesome! 

It should also be noted that they accidentally left the cake behind which I single handily ate myself...YEP! Not a joke!  Thankfully my OB said nothing of my 2 pound weight gain...it would have been tough to explain that I ate an entire cake!




The next day we did some Frostburg site seeing :0)  Which was mainly us walking the 3-blocks of Main Street Frostburg and walking around Frostburg State!  Though, we did pop into 7-11 for some refreshments before Melissa, Rob, and Lydia headed back down state!  We wished they lived closer, the whole family is HILARIOUS!  Rob, Melissa, and I chatted late into the night and they really are some of the funniest, and nicest, people you could ever meet!!!

It might be a couple months before we can meet up again...and I'm a good bit disappointed I can't make Lydia's first birthday party next week.  The cake they are making looks really really yummy!  Of course, I would go to celebrate the survival of the first year of parenthood/Lydia's first birthday...but the cake is a close 2nd!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, number one I want your camera, somehow I actually look thin in all of your pictures. So, what's it gonna take to buy that thing off your hands, hmm... or maybe it's just the photographer!
    Lol, that weekend was a blast. Both kids did well, we had fun company, good food, and cake coming out our ears, definitely need to do it again. We of course plan on coming down after baby Cora is born but we figured we'd give you guys some breathing time first. One week should work right? ;)

    ReplyDelete