The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, July 14, 2012

He was Running!

Samuel was a late walker.  It didn't really bother us at all, except for the random comments people would volunteer...such as: "I can't believe he is 14-months old and not walking yet!" We got that a lot!  We figured once he started, we could never go back, so we just waited.  At fourteen and a half months Samuel was ready!  He literally went from crawling to RUNNING overnight!  I haven't sat down since!  The boy only knows ONE speed!  FAST! 

Now that I'm 8.5 months pregnant, it's proving to be a real challenge to keep up with Samster!  Between the heat and all his energy, I'm not sure how I've survived!  Then it occurred to me that if we did fun activities in the yard during the day, once Eric is home from work, Samuel could run until his heart was content!  Eric runs almost every night, so it's worked out well!  Samuel basically runs after Eric, and I follow behind at my own pace! So he just runs back and forth between us.  Up hills, down hills, down the road, wherever!  I'm so glad we live in such a rural area!  We never see other cars, so Samuel has free reign of the road!

RUNNING!



Catching up to Eric!



Distracted by a butterfly!




Running up the hill!


 And down the hill!



I love Samuel's spunk and energy!!!  I wish I had just a little bit of it!!!  For now, I'll just keep chasing him!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, we used to do that with Ellie to tire her out. Good to know that it works for little ones too. Not too mention how cute they look when they run!

    ReplyDelete