The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Lesson in Fingerpainting

Samuel has a creative side to him!  He loves to draw, color, and paint!  I bought the finger paints without thinking about it!  I just knew he would like the 24 pack of colors!  Little did I know that finger painting is MESSY!!!  The paint gets on Samuel, the paper, the chair, the table, and usually the floor...somehow :0/  But we finger paint almost every day because Samuel loves it so much!!!





However, last week on Pinterest I saw a BRILLIANT idea for finger painting! It might not be as fun for Samuel, but I sure do love it! 

All you do is take a plastic sandwich bag, put some paints inside, remove as much air as possible, and then tape it to your table (I put a piece of paper behind it so the paints show up better!).  Now Samuel can paint multiple times a day without causing ANY mess!!!  It also creates a cool rainbow once you start mixing the colors together!  Samuel really likes this method a lot!  We also use the paint bag to write our numbers and draw pictures and they can be easily erased!



We still do regular finger painting too...but I keep a paint bag on hand for when I need to make a phone call, have a chore I need to do, or if Samuel finishes dinner before the rest of us!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for this idea!!! I hate mess and especially messy fingers.

    ReplyDelete