The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Basketball!!!!

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that the Raines genes are continuing to come out and really dominate Samuel!  Not only does he look and act like Eric, but now a new quality is starting to emerge.  Samuel is very athletic!  I can only assume these traits are from Eric, they certainly aren't from me!  I can barely walk across the room without tripping over something!  It's a good thing I love Eric so much...and his genetics!

Samuel seems to have a natural love for any sport: t-ball, kicking the ball, throwing the ball, water activities, and now basketball!  I was surprised when I saw Samuel take it upon himself to figure out the basketball hoop we have in the back yard! Eric showed him a few thing, and Samuel was off!  The basketball hoop is still too big for him, but Samuel has compromised and figured out how to stand on the edge of the goal and get the ball in!  He'll do this over and over and over and over again!  Despite playing basketball with my school, I never had this type of dedication or determination!  Eric on the other hand use to play basketball for hours on end with his friends. 

I love watching Samuel play basketball!  And he seems to love it too!  I guess it's a good thing he's so tall...perhaps I should start dreaming of him being a starting forward for the Knicks???  OK, maybe I'll hold off on that dream for awhile :0)  BUT if Samuel ever did make it big, he started at age 2.5 in the backyard!



No comments:

Post a Comment