I learned a great lesson today...don't tell a 2-year old ANYTHING that you might do until you are ready to do it! They remember EVERYTHING, want to go NOW, and are relentless!
Our local pool doesn't open until noon. When Samuel woke up this morning, I asked if he wanted to go swimming. YES! was his response...Swim swim swim! Of course, he thought we were leaving immediately. I explained we had to have breakfast first, then do some chores, then eat lunch, and then go to the pool. All he heard was pool. Ready to go out the door again!!!
In hopes of distracting him, I showed Samuel his new arm floats, which he proceeded to wear for the next 3 hours. He also continued to try to go out the door so we could swim!
I finally came up with a game in which Samuel would pretend to be "strong" and knock pillows off the couch and jump on them! Thankfully it made the time go very quickly, until it was actually time to go to the pool!
Here's the Samster cheesing it up!


No comments:
Post a Comment