The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, July 12, 2012

34-Weeks Pregnant!

Sometimes it scares the living daylights out of me that in a matter of a few weeks (less than a month!) the little lady will be here!!!!  While I feel physically prepared, mentally I'm in a whole other place!  Unlike my last pregnancy, where I just wanted Samuel to show up already, this one I am worried about EVERYTHING!

How will the C-Section go?  How bad will my recovery be?  How will Samuel like the baby?  Will I ever get to sleep again?  Will she latch on and nurse OK?  How hard will it be for us to be in the hospital and Samuel to be at home?  How am I going to juggle 2 kids?  Will this one be as high maintenance as Samuel? So yes, my mind is racing!

There isn't much I can do about any of those things at this point.  So we've been using our energy instead to wash baby clothes (it is SO WEIRD to wash pink clothes!).  Stock up on the basics that we need (diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, bath wash, etc).  Get the crib back together. Learning how to hang Chinese Lanterns in a cluster!  Samuel has a big boy room now, so we are getting the nursery ready for a baby!

We had a special treat this past week though!  I got an ultrasound to check out the little lady's weight and to see if there were any signs of cataracts!  She wouldn't cooperate with her eyes, but she was very cooperative in other ways!!! 

Here's a great profile of her!
She's running out of room, so she is all squished in there!


This is her nose and lips!  AMAZING!


Close up of her nose and lips!  My mom says she might even look like me...not that I'm holding my breathe for that!  The Raines genes run strong!



I made them double and triple check that indeed we needed dresses and pink clothes!  This is allegedly the picture that proves she's all girl.  I had no idea what they were pointing at...but they had two ultrasound techs there who confirmed it that hands down, no questions asked it's a girl!


She was playing with her feet!  I guess there isn't much to do in there!


Baby Feet!


She is weighing in at 5lbs 8oz!  Big girl!  It's hard to believe 4-weeks from today she'll be here in my arms and  part of our family!

1 comment:

  1. Hey she looks cute even in alien ultrasound form!
    I'm sure this pregnancy is so much harder. It's got to be so much fun knowing what to expect this time. No more do you get to have the bliss of ignorance. I have a feeling though that somehow you'll manage. Other people seem to be able to do it so it can't be that hard right? Oh I had to chuckle at that myself. I had the same thought when we had Lydia and nothing about our experience has been like other peoples. Does it help though that I not only think that you'll be able to handle it, but that I know that you'll dominate it and show all us other mom's up?

    ReplyDelete