I am so thankful that spring has arrived! However, Samuel and I made the best of winter this year and did lots of fun, entertaining, and different activities indoors!
The whole family was down with a cold for about two weeks. We seemed to have passed it around a couple times. So between not feeling the best and having a touch of cabin fever, I pulled up trusty old Pinterest for some fun activities to do indoors.
While I wasn't overly impressed with this particular activity, Samuel LOVED it. Of course, I don't always "get" what kids love...but if Samuel loved it, then it was OK in my books!
This activity was simple and inexpensive. It actually didn't cost me anything because I coupon so much! All you need is:
A roll or two or three of toilet paper (depending on the number of kids...aim for 1 roll per kid!)
1 Bar of Ivory Soap
Large bowl
Grater
Water
You simple grate the bar of ivory soap into the bowl. In the meantime, have your kids start tearing the toilet paper apart (or throwing it all over the house, which is what we did...it was TONS of fun throwing toilet paper!!!) Put the toilet paper bits and pieces in the bowl. Add water to make the ivory soap and toilet paper mushy. Then go at it! It's a cleaning smelling ball of entertainment!
Samuel loved squishing it up. Then molding the concoction into shapes and various sizes. Eventually there was throwing...so depending on your tolerance level of a mess, you might want to stop when the kiddos figure out they have basically made a giant spitball. However, my new mantra is: Life's mess, let kids be kids. An hour of entertainment followed by me (and Samuel) cleaning up for 15-minutes, was totally worth it. Kids are messy! It happens. So messes don't phase me as long as they aren't permanent! This activity was actually really easy to clean up. Just the grater and bowl to clean up, everything else went into the trash! And as a bonus, Samuel came out smelling VERY clean!
Toilet paper is fun!
Samuel learned about big and small! We made big pieces and little pieces!
Throwing toilet paper is FUN!
A glorified spitball...it equals lots of fun for a certain little boy!


Seriously who comes up with all this awesome stuff? I'm glad Samuel had fun! It sounds like a two year old's dream :)
ReplyDelete