The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, March 1, 2012

16-weeks Pregnant

OK, I'm going to go ahead and admit it...I'm finally excited about being pregnant!  Don't get me wrong, I was THRILLED when I saw the positive pregnancy test (all 17 that I took...Yep, I kept taking them over and over and over because I just couldn't believe it!!!)'

But, I also went into this pregnancy with caution and hesitation.  Mainly to protect myself.  I've lost two pregnancies already, and found out about this pregnancy during the most stressful time in my life (when my mom coded and was in the hospital)!  I honestly didn't think we would make it past that week with this pregnancy, but we did!  This baby is a fighter!

 I lost one pregnancy just six months ago (Sept 2011).  I'm not even sure how far along I was, 5-6 weeks we think?  By the time I got to the hospital, the HCG levels were falling and the ultrasound had no images of the little bambino.  I had a miscarriage before I had Samuel as well (September 2008). I was much further along (I found out at 13 weeks and miscarried naturally a few weeks later).  So I have two babies up in heaven waiting for me...I like to think that they are being rocked by my Granny :0)

Anyway, I'm starting to show.  My belly button has disappeared.  I'm still nauseous and have just about every other pregnancy symptom there is, so I'm to the point where I can't hold back anymore...I'm just excited :0)  I can't believe I'm 16 weeks already!  My stomach really has popped out, but I've only gained a pound!

Eric and I have talked about names....with no decisions, and just a long list to pick from!  We have started transitioning Samuel into his big boy room to prepare the crib for our new addition.  The doctor has given us a tentative C-Section date of August 9th.  And we find out on March 23rd the gender...as long as Baby Raines cooperates!  So I can't help to get excited at this point!

So, in all my excitement...I HAD to buy some baby clothes!  I had no choice in the matter!  Both pieces were just too cute to leave behind...and not overly expensive. I'm actually not one to buy new clothes for a baby, we yard sale and use hand me downs from friends and family...but like I said, I couldn't pass these great pieces up!  My baby NEEDS to wear one of them!

How cute is this???  If it's a boy, a Varsity Cardigan!  If it's a girl???  A Zebra onesie with matching hot pink and black zebra hat! 


Only 22 days to go until the ultrasound!  We don't care at all whether we have a boy or a girl! We just hope it's healthy and happy in there!  A boy would be great because we have a lot of stuff from Samuel that we can use and that friends have passed back to me after they used them, plus I think Samuel needs a brother!  He's a rough and tumble kid...a brother might be just what he needs with him in the creek and to play with!  But a girl would be great too!  Something new and different!  This is more than likely our last one, so either way we feel blessed and excited!


1 comment:

  1. 17 weeks now! I hope that the symptoms are getting better for you now. It was always reassuring to have them but at the same time they sucked bad. I can't imagine having a little one and having nausea all at the same time, but we women are survivors and can face anything when required.
    Those outfits are adorable! I can't wait to find out what you are having. I get so excited to find out the gender of babies. I'll be on pins and needles around March 23.

    ReplyDelete