Potty training is not going well for us. Samuel used the potty on Thanksgiving Day, we clapped, we cheered, we celebrated...and since then he's had no interest in the potty! I've tried everything: potty chair, Diego potty seat, even bribes...Noooooooo he tells me every time I ask if he wants to use the potty like a big boy! For awhile I couldn't even get him to sit on the big toilet with the Diego potty ring!
However, last week Huggies mailed me a free DVD about potty training. It was essentially Huggies pushing Pull-Ups. I put it on the TV stand and forgot about it. Samuel though LOVES all DVDs, and if it is on the TV stand then he thinks it's his! So he loaded the DVD and watched it! It was literally a DVD about why you should use Pull Ups and how to potty train at home, at day care, and on the go. Samuel loved it though!
Afterwards Samuel got his potty ring out all by himself and sat on it while he brushed his teeth! He didn't use the potty, in fact he would only sit on it fully clothed, but at least he isn't scared of the potty anymore! And he finds both sitting on the potty AND brushing his teeth fun! What can I say, maybe he'll multi-task??? While I am not supporting this type of multi-tasking, I'm just looking on the bright-side, we are at least making progress!
Oh, yes, and Samuel is going through a phase where he wants to wear his shoes ALL THE TIME (like even to bed at night). The only time he doesn't is while he is in the bath! And the only shoes he wants to wear are the black slip-ons that are getting too small too quick! YIKES! Hopefully this phase will pass quickly!!!


I hated potty training. Nothing worked for us either. I do however have many things you are welcomed to use. We even have a Elmo DVD and coloring book about potty training.
ReplyDeleteAh potty training, every parents worst nightmare I'm sure. Not a tactic I would try but I've heard of people training their kids by letting them roam naked outside. I used to frown on parenting tips like these but now that I am a parent I've learned that you do what ya gotta do. That and every time I get all judgy I have to eat my words and do use that tactic for Lydia.
DeleteOh and I love that he enjoyed the potty training DVD. That kid is such a riot. I love reading about his daily adventures and his own quirky way of approaching things.
ReplyDelete