The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Picnic

The weather here in Maryland has been AMAZING!!!  It has been in the 70s, sunny; perfect weather for an active toddler!  Samuel and I spend between 2-4 hours outside each day, running, playing ball, playing in the creek, throwing rocks, collecting sticks, digging in the dirt, looking at leaves.  You get the idea, Samuel loves to be outside!

Since the weather has been so great, one night last week I promised Samuel a picnic the following day and we read a book about picnics.  Of course, we woke up the next morning to rain and cooler temperatures AND Samuel's alleriges were acting up, so no picnic!  I'm sure Samuel didn't remember my promise from the night before, or even understand the concept of a picnic, but I wanted to keep my word.  So I made us PBJs for lunch, cheese puff corn, and cut up grapes and strawberries. Packed up the sippy cups and we had an indoor picnic in the living room while listening to the Nature Music Channel.  Samuel thought it was GREAT!!!  Sitting on the floor instead of in chairs, using a blanket instead of a table, eating with our hands...no forks! 

We had tons of fun!!!!  We spent an hour eating sandwiches, coloring, and singing songs.  We had to eat foods one at a time...otherwise, Samuel would only eat puff corn instead of his sandwich!!!






After our fun indoor picnic, Samuel was exhausted...and so was I!  So it was nap time!  There is nothing sweeter than a sleepy little boy taking a nap!!! 

1 comment: