Last week we were all under the weather :0( Samuel and I both got a cold. Eric had strep throat and a cold. Eric was the only "lucky" one of us who could use cold medicine since I'm pregnant and Samuel's just too young. Though, Samuel did get acetaminophen to keep his fever down! I was MISERABLE. I honestly think that having a cold and being pregnant is just the worst combination...and then tack on an active two-year old who has your cold. It made for a very very very very long week! Thankfully after three days I was on the mend, it took Samuel a bit longer.
We mainly spent three days laying on the couch watching TV...which is very unlike me. I don't let Samuel watch a lot of TV (but he does watch some). But from the time he and I could get out of bed and eat something for breakfast (french toast every day!) It was all I could do to muster the strength to find pillows, blankets, and water for us...so the TV it was! You can imagine the guilt I felt!!!
To make up for it though, after nap time each day I did a special activity with Samuel. He still had a lot of energy, and was still interested in being an active two year old! One day we did this fun and simple activity, bean art!
Get a big piece of paper, tape it to the surface you want to protect. Get out the Elmers glue and a paint brush. Let your kiddo "paint" glue everywhere. Then pull out any uncooked beans you have...we had two varieties, but it was hard to tell by the white glue and white beans. Then let your kiddo get to placing the beans and sorting!
Samuel sorted by color, though you can do size or just let them do whatever. He did the color thing on his own! There was no rhyme or reason to his creation, and he didn't get too far into it before he started feeling icky again, but it was a fun project and really simple (and easy to clean up! untape the paper, throw it away!). We are going to attempt this again this week...and I might even pick up another bag of beans to throw in for fun! I know, a wild time???
Spreading the glue
Placing the beans!


Boo on being sick :(. I hope you guys are feeling better. Way to be creative even when being sick. I think you must be a super mom!
ReplyDelete