I LOVE having a 2-year old, truly I do...they are funny and creative and great company! However, it comes with a couple drawbacks...like the tantrums. Samuel usually has a couple a day. No reason necessary. Sometimes it's because I took his shoes off, sometimes it's because I opened his string cheese for him. You just never know!
Last Sunday was a rough one though! It took me 40 minutes to get him ready for church! It doesn't even take me 40 minutes to get ready! But he just didn't want to change out of his pajamas, and I wasn't about to take him to church with syrup and banana covered pj's...so we went into battle. There were tears, scratching, pinching, and more tears (this time by me!)...but I won the battle! At one point, Eric saw how late I was running and offered to just keep him home (church starts at 10:30 and it was 10:40 and all I had left to do was sock and shoes, which were required since it was snowing...I could do it!) We arrived a half hour late, but Samuel was happy as could be when I dropped him off at the nursery!
You would think something as tragic as forcing him to get dressed would dampen his spirits for the day, but it didn't! After church he ran up and gave me a big hug! I say it frequently, but it's a good thing he is so cute and sweet! When he's "bad" he is bad (hence the pinching, biting, and scratching!) but when he's good (which is a majority of the time) he is just the sweetest little guy in the whole world. He loves me and gives me tons of hugs and kisses everyday! His cuteness gets him pretty far with me...hopefully it will work for awhile, for his sake!
Here he is after church telling Eric about church!
Stickers for Eric's nose!


I'm sure you forgave him right away, but I can only imagine how quickly you forgot about the whole ordeal once he ran up to hug you. I guess God knew what he was doing when he made them so cute. I often wonder if that's how he feels about us. Can't stay mad at us cause we're so stinking cute.
ReplyDelete