The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, March 16, 2012

18-Weeks Pregnant

I cannot believe I'm 18-weeks into this pregnancy!  It's so surreal!  Every Thursday morning I wake up wondering how another week can have already come and gone?!  I want this pregnancy to slow down!!!  Now that I'm out of the "scary" first trimester, I LOVE being pregnant!  Everything about it!

We had a doctors appointment last Friday.  It went well.  Heartbeat was 135 (much calmers than any of Samuel's!). Uterus has hit my belly button.  And I tested negative as a carrier for Downs Syndrome and Cycstic Fibrosis.  We went to Olive Garden to celebrate :0) 

Samuel was super cute during the doctors visit.  He LOVES to hear the heartbeat and clapped his hands when the doctor FINALLY found it (the baby was being jumpy and wouldn't stay in place, so we would hear it, then it would move, and kept doing that over and over and over!  It's already an active one!)  Once we were finished listening, Samuel used his sign language and asked the doctor to do it again!  She complied (of course!).  It was so sweet!

Also, I finally felt the baby kick last night!  I mean, I think I've felt it before...flutters and tickles, but last night it was the REAL thing!!!!!!!  I forgot how much I loved it!!!  Eric didn't get to feel it, but today I tried having Samuel feel it.  I explained that the baby was kicking mommy so it could say Hi! to us.  That the baby kicks mommy so I know that it's OK. Samuel's response to this today: "NO KICK!!!!!!!!!" I tried to explain the difference...but he was very focused on "No Kick Mommy!" So I dropped it!  At least I know Samuel hears me when I tell him not to kick the dog, the wall, me, or whatever is nearby!

Weight gain: NONE...still don't need maternity pants!  The doctor assured me that it was normal...I begged for an U/S to make sure the baby was growing...DENIED...3 times!
Heartbeat: 135

Please ignore my lack of make-up!  It was a MOPS morning, so I was lucky to get us all dressed, food in the car, and to MOPS on time!!!  Thanks to my fellow MOPS momma and blogger friend, Angela, for taking the picture :0) 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Samuel Jr. with all that moving around. Good, Samuel needs a bro/sis that will keep him on his toes!
    I love that he enjoyed your ultrasound so much I think that is so cute.
    I'm glad that this pregnancy is going by quickly for you. If your first pregnancy was anything like mine it probably felt like it took forever. I hated pregnancy and am hoping that if we do have another baby that the next pregnancy will go by quicker. You have given me hope that it will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful comment. How exciting to be getting a new little baby! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete