I had big, glorious plans for Valentine's Day. I'm talking crafts from Pinterest I wanted to complete, homemade Valentines for all of Samuel's friends, special desserts, ah, a girl can dream! That was before the morning sickness kicked in full force for one last hoorah before I hit the 2nd trimester. So I spent most of last week trying not to be sick and trying to eat something, but still trying to do fun stuff for Samuel for Valentines Day...so I compromised!
We made homemade Valentine's Day cards for Grandpa and Granny B, Uncle Isaac and Aunt Chris, and Uncle Ricky and Aunt Mandy! Samuel was actually pretty insistent on doing them by himself! He picked out the stickers from the sticker drawer (I was pushing the hearts and pink letters...he went for scuba stickers and some coffee mugs!). I decided it was his cards, and let him go at it! I tried spelling Happy Valentine's Day for him...but he didn't like that either. So, I just took pictures and he had a BLAST! He spent hours working on the cards, putting stickers on, coloring them...it was really awesome and so sweet! I even let him help me drop them in the mailbox!
On a side note, we did purchase Valentine's for Samuel's friends! Cars Valentines! We worked hard getting them signed and pencil put in place! Time for his library Valentine's Day party and my baby brain kicked in full force! I couldn't find them ANYWHERE!!!!!!! I looked EVERYWHERE! I ended up just making brownies for the party...and after the party the Valentines were located and used for his MOPS Valentines Day party! I'm so thankful Samuel won't remember how lame I was this year for Valentines Day! Next year all of his friends, both near and far will get cards...I hope!
Here is Samuel hard at work on his cards!
My attempt to put in Happy Valentines Day...he wanted none of it!
I picked up more window clings since Samuel loved them so much! They provided lots of entertainment for him. He pulled them off, put them back on, rearranged them! It was great!
Samuel's such a great sport...and a great little helper!!! What a great little Valentine!


No comments:
Post a Comment