The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!


How could I forget to post these pictures?!  It's from one of my favorite days of the year...Groundhog Day!  I'm not sure what the appeal is, but I always have loved Groundhog Day.  The excitement of the groundhog seeing it's shadow???  The all day Groundhog Day marathon?  The sign that there really might be an end to winter??  I'm going to say yes to all of those!

Samuel and I got up and watched to see if the groundhog did see his shadow...which he did :0(  Six more weeks of winter!  Oh well! One day we hope to make it up to Punxsatawney to see the groundhog!!!  When Samuel gets older that it!

Then after a quick breakfast, we read a cute story about groundhogs and colored a groundhog picture before heading out to Story Time at the library!  It was a cute morning, and we had a lot of fun celebrating the day together!  You can see Samuel takes the holiday very serious too...it is one of the best coloring pages he's ever done!  He put A LOT of time into it!  



Working on his coloring sheet!





I asked him for some groundhog love!  He kept doing this...he is so silly and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment