It has been a very mild winter here in Maryland. I'm not one to complain about nice weather, but I have secretly been hoping for a little snow to stick! Samuel's now to the age where I think he would actually enjoy going out and playing in the snow. I have the sled all ready to go. The batteries are charged for the camera...but no snow.
So, instead of going out and playing in the snow, we've done just about everything else snow related. Colored snow pictures, made pretend snow flakes, and snow painted. Samuel loves to snow paint! It is super simple and fairly easy to clean up! Spray some shaving cream on a paper plate, mix in some glitter glue (found it at a the Dollar Tree 10 tubes for $1). If you don't have glitter glue just mix in Elmer's glue and glitter. Pull out a paint brush and let your kiddo's enjoy! When it dries, it stays puffed up like snow! It's super cute and simple, and Samuel loves it!
Here's a few pictures of Samuel painting last week! He loves to paint...just about anything! We used green and gold glitter...picked out by the Samster himself!


I've been so grateful for a no snow year. It has made life so much easier with needing to always walk Lydia. That being said Rob just told me that the warmer winter means that we will have more mosquitos this summer. Yuck, I would have rather had snow for sure. I do love sledding though. Sadly there aren't big enough hills around us for when it does snow. I guess in the future we'll have to drive down to you guys to enjoy the real sledding experience.
ReplyDeletePS that snow glitter paint is awesome. This among other reasons is why I love your blog!