The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 Minutes

A lot can be accomplished in 2 minutes: brushing your teeth, or scrubbing your toilet, or ordering a pizza, or sending a few text messages, or playing catch, or listening to part of your favorite song. 

It is amazing what Samuel can do in 2 minutes!

A couple weeks ago, I was trying to get everything ready for dinner, so to keep Samuel away from the hot oven, I pulled out his favorite...markers and a coloring book!  Samuel plays with crayons all the time, markers are a special treat!  I knew I could get 2 minutes of finishing up dinner if I let him play with the markers.  So, lids of markers off, coloring book open, and the race to get dinner ready was on! 

After two minutes, I returned to find that Samuel had managed to take his pants off and colored the tops of both of his legs!!!!  How he managed to do all of this in 2 minutes is beyond me...but he did!  The best part was he used a dark blue marker...nice!  I wasn't worried...I only buy washable markers and crayons.  Thank goodness for Crayola!

 I still had about 10 minutes before Eric would be home from work, so thinking I had it all together I put Samuel in the bath...and scrubbed, and scrubbed, and washed, and soaked, and scrubbed some more...the marker wouldn't come out!  It faded quite a bit, but the marker was still there!  Could it be possible, would Crayola lie about the washability of their markers???  APPARENTLY!

The dogs started barking, I heard Eric pull in the drive way, come up the stairs, and laugh at the sight of Samuel covered in markers!  We chalked this up to Samuel being creative...he is his own muse! Eventually (as in a week later) the marker finally faded...and lesson learned, I now only give Samuel crayons for all occasions :0)



1 comment:

  1. Wow a week? That's craziness. Ah well at least you can chalk it up to him being two, I did this to myself in Junior High!

    ReplyDelete