The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, February 20, 2012

Mommy's Helper

One of the perks of having a toddler is how "helpful" they are!  OK...they aren't exactly helpful, but they try so hard to be!  It is sooooooooooooooo sweet!  Samuel is a really quiet kid, but he is really thoughtful and has an amazing memory!  He also pays very close attention to things I wouldn't even think of or take notice to.  Like when we get up from the table, he makes sure all the chairs are pushed in!  Or if someone comes out of the bathroom or bedroom and they forget to shut the door...he makes sure they are shut (we kept them shut mainly to keep a certain little boy from flushing things down the toilet!)

I've been on a decluttering spree recently!  Fifteen minutes a day!  I got my inspiration from another blogger, and it really works!  It's so easy to get overwhelmed by decluttering...tackling the bathroom closet is a nightmare, and after cleaning it out I don't want to organize anything ever again! But I found if I take 15 minutes to clean out a storage basket and sort through some towels...it isn't as overwhelming and i'm amazed at what I'm willing to part with when I'm not facing the daunting task of hundreds of items!

Last week I spent 15-minutes a day working on the bathroom closet.  It took me all week, but I got it finished!  It was a great feeling to have it sorted out AND to get rid of stuff!  I had a big pile for the trash (things that expired, things that were broken, etc) and several bags I took to MOPS of lotions, nail polish, and other health and beauty items! 

Samuel LOVED helping me bag everything up...and then he carried all the bags to the front door (I guess he's seen me to get rid of enough stuff to know where it needed to go!).  He was so cute...and he really was helpful!  I love having such a helpful little guy around!


This was my favorite picture of him!!!!


Seeing what I'm getting rid of!


So Strong!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment