The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Eric and I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary today!  I cannot believe it has been 5-years already!  Where has the time gone?  I feel like we were just plotting our trip to Las Vegas, and now it's been 5 years!  Wow! 

I know everyone is partial to their own wedding, but ours was a great wedding!  Very beautiful, performed at sunset in a candlelight ceremony.  It was also super easy to plan.  All I had to do was call them with a date, they told me what time we needed to show up, how to get our marriage license, and then I had to select red or white roses to carry!  That was all that was involved!  Fifteen minutes of planning...that's the way to have a wedding :0)

And just because we eloped and no one knew (yep, for real!) it was still full of memories!  I giggled the entire ceremony, not because I was nervous, but because the she/man who was marrying us kept adjusting their wig and it was falling off...I could see it out of the corner of my eye!  The photographer (who was also our witness) was so nice, and very robust lady named Guadalupe from Venezuela!  She was a hoot!  And after our wedding, we had a very romantic dinner at Little Ceasar's (not Ceasars Palace, Little Ceasar's the pizza place!) We had forgotten to eat before the ceremony!  Also, I posed with about 10 different people in the lobby of the Luxor because getting your picture with a bride is suppose to bring a gambler good luck...Eric was an awesome sport and TOOK the pictures!  How good of a guy is that???  The whole day was hilarious, amazing, and just perfect...Little Ceasars is even better in a wedding dress!

Eric took the day off work so we could do something fun and special together today to celebrate 5 years of marital bliss.  Originally we had talked about Olive Garden and feeding the ducks in Roaring Spring, PA or going up to the lake for lunch and mini-golf.  But we all came down with colds, so plans changed to just lunch out...which for us is a great treat since it was a weekday!  But then Samuel developed a cough, and plans changed when our pediatrician was able to squeeze us in at the last minute to get Samuel checked.  So lunch became McDonalds in the truck...but it was actually really nice anyway.  No distractions, the food wasn't awful, and I got to spend the day with who was really important to me...my little family!  Also, Samuel is OK, thank goodness...no bronchitis or pneumonia...just a cold and gross cough :0/ 

Instead of exchanging gifts, we bought a new TV stands for our living room!  It has a fireplace in it...LOVE IT!  The 5-year anniversary gift is wood...it seemed appropriate!  There are fake logs in it and everything!  And Eric made me a great primitive style ladder shelf to hang over it! 

We don't have many pictures of just the two of us together...but we snapped one at the MOPS and POPS dinner we went to last weekend! 


The ladder shelf Eric made for me...which now looks completely different because it is almost fully decorated now!



Our TV stand/fire place!  Love it!  It heats the entire living room when we want it too, and has a great comfy glow to it!


It's been a wild and crazy 5 years for us.  We've done a lot, seen a lot, had lots of laughs, a few tears, but when you married to your best friend...being married is easy :0)  As I told Eric, if the next 100 years are as great as the past five, then I should be completely entertained!

1 comment: