The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Morning Playgroup

I have felt so guilty lately.  I feel like I've been slacking as a mom, and poor Samuel is just getting lost in the shuffle.  Between the unexpected trip to North Carolina, the holidays, and my morning/all day long sickness and pure exhaustion...I just haven't been the "fun" mom that I usually am.

However, now that the morning sickness has subsided and I don't feel exhausted all the time...the old Misty is back!  We are back at play groups at the Family Center, winter hikes, and just about anything else I can find that might entertain Samuel!  Though, looking back over the past two months...Samuel has seemed rather content just staying home with me, reading stories and playing with toys.  He is quite the homebody...a lot like me and Eric!

But he did have a fantastic time at playgroup!  He was so excited to see the indoor play area!  It had been awhile!  He was so excited in fact that he didn't even cling to me, and played on his own!  I was so proud of him!  He has really came a long way over the past year.  I had been known to drive all the way to Cumberland and just have Samuel cling to me or refuse to play.  Not anymore!  And while it is a sign that Samuel's growing up, I'm still thrilled...I don't want to be the one with the kindergartner screaming and crying on his first day of school!  So back to socializing for Samuel!

Building blocks



Climbing!


Ready to slide!




Doing a wall puzzle





Backwards sliding!

No comments:

Post a Comment