I love my MOPS group! We always do the most interesting, creative, and fun things! But the Toy Swap is just right down brilliant!!!
The concept is simple, go through your child's toy box and get rid of things that they don't play with! Bring it to MOPS! Swap it out for another toy!
I usually end up feeling bad, because I arrive with two bags and take away three! But it always seems to work out, and there are always toys left over that we donate to the church nursery's!
With Christmas around the corner, I took this opportunity to also clean out my basement and passed on some things I didn't use! But, I still came home with plenty! Samuel ended up with a new toy wrench, a sesame street popping toy, a talking telephone, some peek-a-blocks, some boats for the bath tub, a little fire truck, and this great train!!! It's more of a vintage toy, something I would have played with as a kid...but those are my absolute favorites!!!!!!! Samuel LOVES this train! LOVE LOVE LOVES IT! And so do I: it's quiet, doesn't come apart, doesn't make a lot of noise, and there are no pieces to lose! Thanks again to Angela (and all my other MOPS moms!) and I love that I got rid of a nice pile of stuff too!
Here is Samuel with the train! He figured out how to work it immediately!


No comments:
Post a Comment