One of my favorite holiday traditions is baking!!!! It makes the house smell delicious, it makes my jeans a little too tight, and it's loads of fun!!! I've been waiting for years to making cookies with my own child! So I decided, this year will be the year! Samuel and I baked some sugar cookies (Samuel really did help stir and pour!!!), Eric cut the shapes for us, and then Samuel and I got to decorating. Actually, I just decorated one to show him and he did the rest!!!!!!!!!! He had a blast using the colored icing!!!
We decorated about 20 cookies!!! They turned out so cute (and yummy!) and Samuel had so much fun! I was so happy to share this tradition with him and look forward to next year when we might add a few more cookies to our baking! While he decorated, I read Christmas stories to him!
It was a messy night, but so much fun! And Samuel, LOVES the cookies!!! He wants to decorate everything now! And he seems to have a knack at sneaking cookies out of the container!!!! He even wanted one this morning for breakfast (and I did oblige since he is such a great eater!)


No comments:
Post a Comment