I know everyone has their opinions about dogs. Their favorite breeds, ages, sizes. I always grew up with mutts! I loved all of our dogs growing up!!! My mom accidentally hit my dog, Happy, on my first day of 6th grade. It was a tough day. I had to go to a new school, and I came home and my 3-year old brother said "Happy died today." I was so upset. Mom was extremely apologetic...and of course made everything better by going to the pound and getting, not one, but TWO dogs! We couldn't narrow it down between the two, so she brought them both home with her!
Eric and I seem to have gravitated towards Labradors. Our oldest is Penny Lane, she's 10 and we've been together forever! Eric got Peso for my 27th birthday from a pound in Pennsylvania. Both are black lab mixes, and both are wonderful dogs.
However, I didn't realize how wonderful they were until we had Samuel! We always knew that labs were known for being family dogs. And our two didn't let us down! They are so great with Samuel! He lays on them, plays catch with them (all the time!), they get special treats from Samuel (probably the real reason why they like him so much!).
We have been teaching Samuel how to be easy with the dogs...especially Penny since she is older and seems to just kind of take whatever Samuel dishes out. Peso on the other hand runs out the dog door if Samuel gets too much for him!
Riding Penny like a horse!
Sharing a snack
Penny Lane as a couch
Penny Lane as his favorite cuddle buddy
We love our dogs!


Oh Penny I actually remember her. She is sounds so tolerant of Samuel, reminds me of the dog we had when I was Samuel's age. Your first dog is always the one closest to your heart.
ReplyDelete