As a child, I loved the day we decorated the tree! It was always so much fun pulling out the Christmas decorations and listening to Christmas music as we decorated! We talked about the Christmas season: gifts we wanted to give, cookies we wanted to bake, and of course, gifts we wanted :0) What a great warm and fuzzy feeling!
Of course, I have been waiting to pass this great tradition down to my son! Two years ago, I was so disappointed in myself when Christmas came and went and the tree didn't even make it up! Samuel was just six weeks old, I was too tired and too sore to even think of the Christmas tree!
Last year, Samuel was one...I had big plans for Christmas! And they all fell flat when Samuel got three teeth in for Christmas (you know that Christmas song, All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...that was Samuel last year!) So the tree made it up, and that was about it!
This year though, this year is different! Samuel is 2! It is GLORIOUS! Samuel doesn't have full understanding of Christmas, but he likes all these new experiences! The baking, the music, the decorations, and the tree!
We brought the tree out a few weekends ago. I put it up while he was napping, and he came out amazed that there was a tree in our den! It got more interesting as Eric strung the lights...and we turned them on! OOOOH! I did some parenting ahead of time, and got shatterproof ornaments for Samuel to use, while the breakable ones are at the top of the tree! The tree looks a little uneven, but it's OK! It's for Samuel, and he doesn't care!
Samuel has spent the past two weeks rearranging the ornaments on the tree! He takes them off, puts them back on, and carries them all over the house!
This year our Christmas Tree theme is: Pittsburgh Steelers!
Here's the boy helping us decorate!
He took the job very serious!
Helping Eric with the lights!
He loved decorating the tree!
The finish product! We love our tree! It looks so big...
...until Eric stands beside of it! Our little 6 foot tree looks so tiny!


No comments:
Post a Comment