OK, OK, I know I kind of overreacted when Samuel turn 2. I was emotional. My baby was turning 2! That is practically grown up (OK, in a mom's eyes it it!) BUT...let me tell any mom out there who hasn't hit that milestone yet...oh, the best is yet to come!!!
I LOVED having a baby!!!! Cuddly, sweet, stayed in one place! LOVED IT!
I loved having a 1-year old! MILESTONES EVERYWHERE! Lots of celebration, lots of messes, lots of really sweet moments!
But 2...wow...there is just something really magical about this age!!!!!!!!
I don't know much about child development, so I never know what Samuel can handle and what he can't...or what he's "suppose" to handle! While not big on talking, he is very coordinated! As a little challenge to myself, I've created Wacky Wednesdays! We are on the go to playgroups, MOPS, and library, and weekend is family time, so I wanted our Wednesdays to just be for us! I don't clean, the only cooking I do is something very basic (crockpot or salad)...and I focus everything on Samuel!!!! I don't answer phones, don't text, don't get on facebook, don't blog...just Samuel!
This week I found a fantastic activity on Pinterest! It is for bath paint!!! I knew as much as Samuel loves art and now bath, that he would love the bath paint!
So I pulled out all the ingredients the night before, and got everything ready! Before 9am, we were in the kitchen getting crafty! Here is the directions on how to make it!!!
Bubble Bath Paint
What you'll need (this was enough to make 4 small containers but we did 2 medium sized ones):
1 cup baby bubble bath or body wash - as long as it is clear/white (we used Johnson and Johnson's, but the dollar general has lots of options!)
4 tbsp cornstarch
a few drops of food coloring
small containers with lids (we used a Ziploc container!)
Directions:
1. in a mixing bowl mix together your bubble bath and cornstarch
2. pour this mixture into 4 small containers
3. pour a couple drops (you only want to use a couple drops so it won't stain) of food colouring in each container and mix well
4. your kids can use either paintbrushes or their hands to have fun in the tub
5. when you're done, snap on the lid and they're ready to go for next time
This was the first real craft I've done with Samuel, and it was just so much fun!!! He loved it too! I decided that he might as well give it a whirl himself!
Here is he with his apron I scored from a Zulily credit I got! He was such a great helper! I let him decide the colors, he only knows one color so Blue it was! I picked yellow!
Mixing!
The final results!
Let the fun begin!!!
First I let Samuel pain the bathroom sink!!!!!
Masterpiece!
Then we headed to the bath tub!
It made the water very bubbly! And smells great!
I used little dixie bathroom cups for him to paint out of it...he used his hands and a paint brush! Both were so great!!!!! We have been using the paints all week, with plenty left over! In my opinion it is a great activity and worth the few bucks it cost! I love this kid!!!! And, I admit, this age is just amazing!!!!
After bath we did snack time! Vegged for a few! Read some books and had lunch! It was a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment