After my poor gardening skills last summer (I am still standing by the excuse that having a 6-month old and gardening do not go together!), I was determined that my garden this summer would be better! So I spent the entire Memorial Day weekend planting row after row after row of vegetables! I spent the entire summer soaking the dry ground in hopes of producing SOMETHING! ANYTHING! I spent most of the late summer and fall canning and freezing and cooking all the great things we got from the garden...but 20 tomato plants later I didn't even have ONE jar of tomatoes canned...nothing, not a thing to show for the hours of work I spent on those tomatoes!!!!
And here's why...we had a tomato thief! The day a tomato would become ripe SOMEONE would eat it!!! It didn't matter if it was a mini-tomato or a Roma or an early girl...the tomato was gone before it even made it to my table!!!
It's good thing that little thief was super cute and sweet!!! We had to walk past our tomato garden on the way back from the creek...and Samuel would check EVERY tomato plant to see if any of them were ready to eat!!! We went to the creek 2-3 times a day, so there were a lot of tomatoes to eat!!! I've never seen anyone eat a tomato like an apple, but Samuel did!!! Even now, in October he's still picking the few late tomatoes we had (well, before the snowstorm!). That boy loves his tomatoes!!! At least my lesson is learned, instead of 20 tomato plants I need about 40 to keep up the demand of the Raines household!
I know I'm behind, I took these pictures back in September!!!! Looking at these pictures though makes me miss summer already!!!


Just think of the great winter pictures you will have. Making cookies, playing in the snow, decorating, etc.
ReplyDelete