The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, November 7, 2011

Potty????

A few weeks ago Samuel found his little training potty in our bathroom closet.  He brought it out to the living room and handed it to me...so I asked: Do you want to start using the potty like a big boy??? Yes was his reply. 

Stay calm Misty, don't get yourself too excited!  But here I was with the thought process of, my child is a genius!  Can a person potty train in a day???  We need to go and get the boy his own underwear!  Why is everyone complaining about potty training...this isn't so bad.

So he sat, and sat, and sat.  I turned the TV on...he sat some more.  Waved at me.  I took a picture.  I waited.  Nothing happened. 

After about 15 minutes, Samuel stood up, ran around the room half naked, picked the empty potty up and took it back to the bathroom....where it has sat, alone and unused, ever since.

Oh well, so Samuel isn't a child genius when it comes to potty training...but at least there is hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment