The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sticky Situation

With Halloween approaching, I knew I had to assess the candy situation with Samuel.  Up to this point, Samuel has had almost no candy...at all!  How did this happen???  Well, apparently I'm a mean mommy!  No, no, we just don't eat a lot of candy in our house, so it's never around.  Plus, since Samuel has had milk sensitivity issues, chocolate has had to stay out of the house too.

But with Samuel approaching age 2 and Halloween right around the corner, the inevitable candy decision arrived.  Now, I LOVE candy...but candy comes with all sorts of "issues."  First off, it's messy.  Chocolate melts.  Suckers are sticky.  And everything else gets scattered about...I could only fathom what would happen is Samuel got a hold of a box of nerds.

Second off, candy isn't healthy!  I just now have been able to get Samuel on the right food track.  After all his digestion issues, Samuel is now quite the healthy eater!  He loves eggs, fruits, fish, and yogurts.  When you ask what he wants for a snack, he goes right for a banana or a box of raisins and a cup of chocolate soy milk!  I'm a proud mama!

So I knew that with Halloween, there would be chocolate (which with the milk issue, is a problem) and I knew there was a lot of candy Samuel is unable to eat yet (Yayay for me and Eric!!! We ended up with quite the haul!).  So finally I gave into the suckers...a little girl at the library gave him one and we've never looked back!  Samuel loves suckers!!!!!!  All flavors, all types, any color.  And just as I predicted, they get everywhere!!!  Samuel's hands are sticky, he has it on his face, on his clothes, one time one even ended up in his hair!!!  BUT...he LOVES them, so I don't mind at all!  Though (I can hear the groans and laughter now), I was able to capture Samuel eating his very first sucker!!!  An orange Halloween one, a gift from a library friend!




He LOVED it!




And just so everyone knows, when we had to confiscate the nerds, starburst, hard candy, and chocolate at Halloween, we replaced what we had to take with a whole bag of suckers!  Samuel didn't even notice we had taken candy out!  He was so happy to have a sucker for both hands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment