The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dreaming of a white Halloween!

So things in Western Maryland got a bit interesting last weekend!  On Friday night it started SNOWING!  That's right folks, snow in October!!!  And I'm not talking a few snow flakes...I'm talking hard core, crazy snowstorm!!  This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning:




Samuel LOVED it!  He was fascinated by how everything we had played with the day before had turned white!  "No" is what he called it!  We spent Saturday in our jammies, watching TV, playing cars, and drinking hot chocolate.  It was a great lazy day!  I'm so thankful we didn't lose electricity like a lot of our friends did!!!  Since we live up on a mountain, we got a bit more snow than some of my friends...by Saturday afternoon we hit 8 inches!  It was really beautiful! 

Thankfully, the following day it warmed up to 50, and over the next few days the snow disappeared!!!  Today Samuel and I were outside playing in 66 degree weather!  So we enjoyed our first taste of winter...and though I'm not looking forward to the cold, winter months...with Samuel it should be a bit more fun!  Sledding, snowballs, being cozy, and drinking hot chocolate!  Everything is better with a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment