I know my entire blog is basically me bragging about Samuel...but I do try to keep it to a minimum...for the most part :0) But I really am a proud mom! Samuel is such a sweet kid, funny, thoughtful, and silly! We have so much fun with the little guy!!!!
We've had rough times over the past two years too though. Samuel was unable to eat normal foods until he was about 18-months old. Even when he would eat baby food or cereals he would vomit. He rarely sleeps (even now!). And he doesn't talk a lot (the general rule is 2 word sentences by age 2, and he doesn't do that). So I continue to fret, and google, and fret some more.
But then I am reminded by people, like my sister, who points out that God makes every person individually and unique. Our pediatrician reminded me if everyone developed exactly the same and did the same things the world would be a boring place. And I think my mom just told me to stop worrying! So I've made it a point over the past few months to back down my worrying, and just love my little blond boy! If anything, I probably should be thankful he isn't talking yet...less talking back??? Not sleeping??? We get to spend more time together! Mom always told me the only thing I can change about a situation is my attitude!
However, since each person is unique and different, it has been so interesting to watch the person that Samuel is becoming! It is just down right fascinating! Samuel has interest in things that I would never have even thought of, or had an interest in myself! Insert Eric's gene's!!!
Eric is amazing. Sometimes I forget how amazing he is because I'm just so use to him being so amazing! Eric caught my eye at work because he was tall, looked great in a tie, had amazing blue eyes, and had a sense of humor that I just totally got! As I got to know Eric better, he surprised me by how talented he is at so many things! Eric remodeled the ENTIRE inside of our house BY HIMSELF!!!!!!!! He gutted our kitchen, laid new floor, dry walled, installed our bathroom (tub, sink, toilet, exhaust fans). He can fix just about ANYTHING! He can work on cars, wire just about anything, cut wood, he's recently taken an interest in grafting tree's, fix my sewing machine, and he hunts like a pro. Seriously, he is just about the most amazing person I've ever met.
So you can imagine my surprise and how pleased I was when Samuel recently started taking an interest in all the things that Eric does. And when I say interest, I mean, Samuel is pretty intent on learning ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that he can get his hands on! Last week Eric and I found an old lamp in an old family house. The lamp is really old, and needed rewired, of course Eric can do that...Samuel sat down on the floor and watched Eric intently for a good half hour and even helped hand him the parts! I would have been bored to tears by this activity, but Samuel was so involved!!! I was so proud! It's so important to know how to do these type of things! He also loves to watch Eric put air in the tires of the car! Samuel is definitely a man's man! And I'm so thankful to have my other half be so great and hands on with Samuel!
While I can't put air in the tires or rewire a lamp, I have been able to teach Samuel other things! I was almost in tears proud last week when Samuel counted to 22 all by himself (and just tonight he counted to 30!!!)!!!! I love listening to him count...and he counts everything, all the time!!! The same day he started counting backwards from 10! He gets it right every time! And this little trick hasn't only been performed for me and Eric, he'll help everyone count! Both sets of grandparents have enjoyed Samuel's counting abilities! So while the boy might not talk a lot, he's using that big old head of his (he's a size 5T hat now!!!) for other things! I am so thankful for my unique, funny,cute, silly, and smart little guy!


Wow, I'm so jealous of anyone who has skills to fix things. I wish I would have paid more attention when my dad was doing stuff like that. I barely even know how to hang a picture or put up curtains. But I thought that I would just marry someone who would do it for me, sexist I know. Sadly though Rob, while amazing at computers, is only a bit more handy than I am. I'm glad Samuel is taking an interest. Those are skills that you need later in life, trust me. Although, I can write a mean check to handyman, so I guess I have some skills, right?
ReplyDelete