The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, January 16, 2012

Secret Santa!

I know I've mentioned this a million times on my blog, but for those readers who don't follow my postings (how can people not follow!  I mean, my life is just so exciting :0) But when I was pregnant and on bed rest with Samuel, I joined an online community for women who were pregnant.  I just stumbled across it one day when I was doing "research" about my pregnancy (ie: fretting about every single thing).  I am so thankful that I found the website!  I've been a member for over 1,000 days now and I have met some pretty amazing people on it!  We usually get online daily and share just about everything!  Concerns with our kids, frustrations, funny things, sad things, bragging about our kids.  We've been through weddings, funerals, kids having surgery, births, learning about one anothers children who have special needs, miscarriages, separations, divorces, illnesses, problems with family, and when my mom was sick, I received unbelievable support.  Though we've never met in person, we are all very close!  These women are all very near and dear to me, and I cannot imagine not having each one in my life...even if it is from afar: the discussion forum, facebook, texting, snail mail.  The girls live in Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Idaho, Connecticut, North Carolina, Canada, Iowa, Arizona, and Nevada (looks like we have some great vacation choices in the future!).

Two years ago, one of the girls suggested doing a secret Santa swap.  She drew names for everyone and we had a blast!  Now we swap three times a year: Mothers Day, our kids birthdays (all of our kids were born within a few weeks of each other), and Christmas!  We all get online at the same time, take pictures, and open them "together".

Everyone puts a lot of time and thought into the gifts...and I'm always impressed and moved to tears by the thoughtfulness and generosity of someone who is a close friend, yet a complete stranger!

This year, I was a little overwhelmed around the holidays with my mom being in the hospital and a couple other things going on, so I was surprised when this GIANT box was on my doorstep one evening!  From my secret Santa!!!!!!!!!  The torture!  It arrived 2 and a half weeks BEFORE we were to open them!!


Samuel LOVED the box!  He spent 2 weeks using it as a jungle gym, a table, a place to play with his play doh, and just about everything else!


He wasn't disappointed when we opened it either!  Oh the joy!!!  And I'm not talking about the gifts inside...the stuffing inside the box to make sure the contents didn't shift was tons of fun!  I had to beg Samuel to open his gifts and stop playing with all the styrofoam!



Our secret Santa was Cassie and Liam!  We LOVE them!!!  Samuel and Liam are about a week apart in age, and Cassie is so funny, sweet, and thoughtful!  She's expecting a 2nd child this summer!!!


Samuel with his bag of goodies from Liam!


This was his FAVORITE gift!  A bath tub toy!  Bath tub "soup."  We play with it all the time!  Liam also got Samuel Melissa and Doug dinosaur magnets, a dinosaur book, and Dinosaur Train house slippers!  Here is Samuel in midst of the "madness!"




To say Cassie went overboard is an understatement!  She really did!!!  I wasn't sure whether to be mad at her, or just love her even more!  But I could never be mad at Cassie!  She is the greatest!  Instead, I just appreciate every single thing she sent for me!

She put A LOT of thought into my gifts!  And, without surprise, ended up in tears!

My first gift was scrapbooking supplies!!!  I've wanted new ones for awhile now, but it's just not something I think of when I go shopping...and our selection in this area is slim!  She got me the best boy scrapbooking stuff ever!



A journal and notepad with my initial on it!


Recipe cards (we have a recipe swap page too!)


I have always always always wanted one a scentsy plug in!  I squealed when I opened my gorgeous scentsy warmer with some pretty tasty scents to go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so in love with this!!!! (See, I told you she went overboard!!!!!!!!!)


And if I wasn't overwhelmed by Cassie generosity, I was when I opened my last gift...a beautiful bracelet with the birthstones of my family: Eric, Samuel, and Me!  I LOVE this bracelet, it rarely leaves my arm!!!!


Another picture of Samuel opening his gifts! 

All the girls received amazing gifts!  One of the favorites was a photo that Jessie made (well her husband actually made it).  But we have planned a get together to FINALLY meet this fall, and the picture is of each of us in the mountains!  It is the funniest and cutest picture ever!!!  I cannot wait to meet these amazing women!  Each lady truly inspires me.  Some are working mom's, some are stay at home, some have kids who have health issues, some mom's only have one child and some have four!  Each momma inspires me, makes me laugh, and make me a better mom!  I'm not sure how I'm so lucky to have both a MOPS group nearby that are full of amazing mom's and a great mom support system online, but I really am blessed to know so many great mom's!!!

Thank you Cassie and Liam!  We love EVERY SINGLE GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You are just the cutest!
    Ugh, I have got to get onto Cicely's blog to update it!
    I love reading your blogs though, they inspire me!
    And, yes, we are pretty amazing! Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete