The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Part 4?

Ah yes, Christmas is never ending for the young Samuel!  My dad and mom came up last week for a visit...and came bearing gifts from Chris and Isaac, Ricky and Mandy, and from themselves!  Samuel was overjoyed by the new pile of presents for him to sort, look at, but didn't open until we told him it was OK to do so!

Samuel made a pretty good haul...yet again!  Chris and Isaac got him a winter blanket and a cute backpack with his name on it!  Both have been put to good use...mainly by me! They also sent a Christmas ornament with Samuel's name on it!  He didn't realize what it was, but loved shaking it because it was like a little snow globe!  Ricky and Mandy sent an amazing gift as well...the sequel to Dinosaur versus Bedtime (what they got Samuel for his 1st Christmas and his favorite book ever!) This time they got him Dinosaur versus the Potty!  It became an instant hit in our house!  We read it at least a dozen times the first night! (and for some reason, these were the only pictures I took during my parents visit!!! I have no idea why!)





My parents got Samuel pajamas, a super cute outfit with an argyle design (I do love argyle), an apron for arts and crafts (pictured on Eric above!), and Samuel most favorite gift of all gifts...possibly ever...a plastic paint palette.  I know, I know, my mom can't remember where she bought it...but my guess is she didn't pay more than a couple dollars for it.  But it is literally a piece of plastic with divets to hold paint!  Samuel saw one in Chris's classroom in North Carolina, hauled it around the entire time we were there, and knew immediately what it was when he opened it up here!  He just loves it! 

We had a great visit with my parents as well...it was a Christmas gift in itself to have them up here!  We didn't get into too much other than talking and eating yummy food, mom and I did a little sewing.  But seeing family...even after the holidays, is just great in general!  Samuel did great with grandpa and Granny B too!  He held mom's hand, played with my dad, and loved their dog Hank!  The visit ended much too soon...but it just gives us a reason to look forward to the next visit!

Thanks Dad, Mom, Chris, Isaac, Ricky, Mandy, and Hank for all the Christmas gifts!  Samuel loved them all...and so did we!

1 comment:

  1. OH I love argyle too. You'll have to post a picture of those sometime I bet they are way cute.

    ReplyDelete