The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Return of the Busy Ball Popper

One of the joys of having kids is...all the neat toys!  Sure, there are plenty of other joys: the smiles, the squeals, the sweet little voice that says Hi Mom!, the cuddling, the hugs, the laughter of your child...but the toys are a real perk...a bonus really!

My dad got Samuel the busy ball popper last year.  We all loved that toy!  Great music, ball's popping, what's not to love...until you have heard it a million times, replaced the batteries every week, and have lost AND found the ball's countless times.  This was another situation of conveniently making something just disappear!  This time, the busy ball popper went into Samuel's closet.  Top shelf, tucked away behind clothes that were too big, and forgotten for eight glorious months...until last week, when we pulled the clothes out to wash up for winter.  The ball popper was spotted, and well, hasn't stopped since!

I've already replaced the batteries in it...twice.  We are one ball short...I'm pretty sure it's under the couch...WAY under the couch.  And gosh, it makes an excellent place to shove all the matchbox cars that we have...and then be unable to get them out, therefore the ball popper doesn't work, which leads to multiple meltdowns each day!  I have a mantra that I try to remember as I steer us through another meltdown: Misty, it's educational, it's great for hand and eye coordination, good music, do not throw yourself on the floor and participate in the meltdown!

But Samuel loves it, so Eric keeps buying batteries, and I keep the busy ball popper going! I'm getting quite good at matchbox car removal...I think I've missed my calling!  Yes, I coupon, I cook, I blog, I wade in really cold creeks, I look at caterpillars, and I can now add "Matchbox Car Removal Expert" to my list of talents.





1 comment:

  1. I hated that toy when Kat was little. It was way to loud and the balls rarely went down the slide... they mainly shot across the room. Guess they have gotten the bugs out of the newer models.

    ReplyDelete