These monthly update blogs are getting harder and harder to write...probably because i'm running out of months!!! My little guy (who isn't quite so little any more!!!) is going to be 2 in just SIX WEEKS!!! I cannot believe it!!!
It was a little hard making the transition from 21 to 22 months because now I don't say, "He's 22 months old." Instead, I have to say, he'll be 2 in November!
So what has the past month brought to us! LOTS OF FUN! Samuel is becoming much more mobile, independent, and funny! He's also becoming much more mischevious!!! Watch out momma! I thought I was alert before, but that doesn't compare to how aware I am now!
Samuel is very curious about, well, everything! He learned how to open and close the screen door. I found this out when I was in the kitchen, heard the door open, and heard the squeal of delight as Samuel ran outside! Thank goodness it has a lock he hasn't figured out...yet!
Samuel likes to climb, especially on the back of the couch! That is a big old NO! So about a million times a day I have to remind the little guy that we don't climb on the back of furniture! Thankfully he hasn't tried to take flight!
We also have two new teeth coming in! I try not to complain since the dentist wasn't sure how many teeth Samuel would actually get, but they are taking their time coming in and causing the poor kid some pain :0(
Samuel loves dinosaurs! I've read dinosaur versus bedtime about a million times! It's a great book (thanks Uncle Ricky and Aunt Mandy!) and it's so cute because Samuel can ROAR like a dinosaur. I sometimes hear him in his room reading the book to himself going Roar Roar Roar Roar! It is always funny and cute!
This has been the month we have seen significant improvements in both sleeping and eating!!! I feel like a new person!!! Favorite foods: french fries, dry cereal, hard boiled eggs, oreos, goldfish crackers, bananas.
Samuel is also becoming very OK with me leaving his sight! Uninterrupted showers, doing laundry without him screaming, and even just doing day to day chores have became MUCH easier!!!! He is also so sweet and affectionate! He loves to give Hugs!!! And if he doesn't know you very well, he'll give you a high five!!!
Of course, we have tons of fun too! We spend our days doing puzzles, coloring, playing cars, playing in his Dora tent, reading, reading, reading, and drawing. I love how interactive and energetic Samuel has become! He's doing great with words and expressing himself to me. While he isn't a big talker, we know what he wants...it's amazing how he can make a house full of adults jump at his every whim with just a little point of his finger! Seriously, he is just too cute!!!
We have hard moments too. He knows what No means, but doesn't always listen. Samuel has also selected his own bedtime: 11pm. Hoping that improves over the next few months...though it isn't a big deal! We do sleep until 8 or 8:30 most mornings!
I cannot believe how grown up Samuel is looking! He is so smart, funny, and wonderful all around! Though i'm sad the big 2 mark is approaching, but i'll take it anyway! I love how much fun toddlers are!


No comments:
Post a Comment