The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family Portraits

This year for Mother's Day, Eric asked me what I would like as a gift: a pedicure? to go out to eat? a day to myself? chocolate? new shoes? jewelry?

Though all of those were tempting, I knew exactly what I wanted...a family portrait!

Now, Eric is a really great guy.  Funny,smart, provides for our family, supportive, does tons of chores, is a great father and a wonderful husband...but getting dressed up for family portraits isn't on the top of his list of his favorite things to do.  I'm sure this is the reaction most men give when a family portrait is suggested.

But it was my Mother's Day request, so he complied.  I provided him with the location and dress code, and he showed up willingly :0)  Like I said, a really great guy!

We had Lasting Memories Photography in Cumberland do our pictures at the lake at Rocky Gap.  Stacia has been taking Samuel's pictures since he was born.  She use to work for Sears, but now has her own photography business...and she does great work, at such a reasonable price!!!  She has a daughter, so she knows how tough it is to capture a toddlers picture...but she does it, and makes it look amazing!  I was so pleased with our session!! I think I'm going to start making it a yearly thing!  Samuel loved it too...he got to play with a sand bucket and play in water, which is always fun!

Oh, and Eric still took me out to my favorite restaurant for Mother's Day and made peanut butter fudge for me!  He really is a great guy!  And how cute is the picture of him and Samuel!?









No comments:

Post a Comment