The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Food Challenges

I am still nursing...that's right, you read that correctly, the boy is still not weaned!  This is not my choice, but I am dealing with it.  While I would have preferred him to wean sooner, we've had all sorts of issues when it comes to food and eating.  Between the spontaneous vomiting after he would eat food and a milk allergy, meal time has been really quite trying.  But over the past month things have improved immensely!!!!  Like a light switch, Samuel has suddenly been able to eat and digest all types of foods he wasn't able to handle before!!!  It's AMAZING not to have to buy baby food every time we go to the store and let Samuel eat what we are eating!!!  He's still a picky eater, but I'm thankful for the minor break through that we've had!  Even better, in the past two weeks Samuel has taken a strong liking to his sippy cup which has really given me a nice break!  I try not to complain too much about the extended breastfeeding since so many of my friends face more difficult challenges, so instead I'm just thankful I have been able to do this for Samster!  He's healthy, happy, and getting so big!!!  But thankful he's starting to eat like everyone else too!  Here's a few pictures of Samster eating breakfast, his favorite: English Muffin, Banana, and Juice...with a side of bubbles!



MMMMMM!


Eating breakfast is fun!


Juice and Dora!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really are an amazing mother. The things that you do for your son are so inspiring to me. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete