So usually if there is a "rocking" reference to Samuel, it's regarding his deep love for AC/DC and rock music. However, a recent turn of events has lead to Samuel having a new interest: the rocking chair!
As a gift for my first Mother's Day as a momma, Eric bought me my beloved Cracker Barrel rocking chair. I spent A LOT of time rocking in it when Samuel was little...hours and hours and hours every day. It's hard to believe that little baby is now rocking in the chair by himself!!! The boy might not look like me, but he loves my rocking chair! Sometimes I find him just sitting in it rocking back and forth! He is SOOOOOOOOOO cute in such a big chair!!!
While we were at Cracker Barrel today, Samuel was in for a real treat...an entire porch of rockers! I thought we may never get him off of them! But instead, he picked out a child's sized one and rocked and rocked and rocked! He even got some groupies of toddlers to join in with him! One even had a meltdown because she wanted to rock like Samuel and her mom said no! When it was time to go, he said bye bye to the rocking chair and was all smiles after such a rocking adventure!!!
Samuel can also be a little bit sneaky about rocking chairs! I know, sneaky about a rocking chair? Yes, yes he can be! On Friday evening, I took Samuel to visit Eric's parents. They have a recliner that rocks. Apparently Samuel wanted to sit in it...alone. Unfortunately Eric's dad was sitting in it, so Samuel devised a plan. He gave Buzz his cute face, patted the couch and motioned for his grandfather to move to the couch, which he willingly did (it's really hard to say no to Samuel's cute face!). Buzz thought once he moved that they were going to play ball or Samuel was going to climb up and sit beside him! NOPE! He climbed up in the rocking chair that was just occupied by Buzz and started rocking, pausing only to dictate to my mother-in-law to turn on the TV and to take my milkshake and eat some french fries! That 22-month old may not say much, but boy can he get what he wants and make people jump!
Samuel loves anything that rocks: rocking chairs, rocking horse, rocking snail, swings. He takes his rocking very serious, but has so much fun with it! Sometimes we play peek-a-boo, sometimes we sing songs! What a funny kid he is!!! I love it! And I love that he loves rocking chairs! I guess he really has been influenced early on!
Samuel in my rocking chair!
Using his own momentum to rock!
No, he isn't crying in this picture...he's SINGING! Very LOUDLY too!
Samuel's new thing is to say CHEESE! When I pull out the camera! It almost always gives him a closed eye's look! But it is so cute!
A Round of Rocking Peek-A-Boo!
Cheese!
Another squinty Cheese! photo!
Rocking on Sandy Snail!


No comments:
Post a Comment