The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba

If you're a mom, you more than likely know what Yo Gabba Gabba is.  Before I had Samuel, I probably would have thought if someone told me Yo Gabba Gabba I would have taken it as some kind of gang nickname or something...but now I know better.  It's a really random kids TV show on Nick Jr.  The main characters are DJ Lance Rock with these pretend, over sized monster things name Muno, Plex, Brobee, Foofa, and Toody.  Samuel loves the show.  He is just fascinated by it (and half the time I am too since there is a man in his mid-40s dressing up in a fluffy hat and jumpsuit spinning around and dancing). The show is just strange, but it does teach good values and good lessons (like don't bite your friends, and eat all your food!)

The theme song to the show is really catchy, and Samuel always dances when it comes on.  The other day though I happened to have my camera on, and I watched Samuel MIMIC DJ Lance Rock as he said, Let's do it, break it down.  Samuel mimicked his hand movements and dancing exactly!  Who knew that little boy was that interested in details!  It was so funny and cute!  Here Samuel is doing Yo Gabba Gabba!

I also learned a very valuable lesson from Yo Gabba Gabba...Samuel pays attention and mimics now!  So now we all have to be on our best and most appropriate behavior!!!!  YIKES!  Those are tough standards to live by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment