The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, August 5, 2011

Introducing the Balas Family!!!

It happened...I just cannot believe that my baby brother GOT MARRIED!!! It's just so hard to imagine that Ricky is old enough to get married :0(  I remember the day he was born, his first day of kindergarten, trick or treating with him...and now he's married!!!!  A-MAZ-ING!  And his WIFE, is awesome.  Mandy is just the sweetest, cutest, funniest gal and she really compliments Ricky! 

Here are a few pictures I took from their big day!  The wedding was just beautiful...including the MAJOR downpour in the middle of their outdoor ceremony!  Everything about the wedding was perfect!!!

Of course, I didn't get to enjoy the wedding quite as much as I would have liked because Eric and I were on tag-team duty chasing Samuel.  Samuel was a ring bearer and I was his escort down the aisle (he didn't actually have to carry the rings...Uncle Ricky knew better!).  I was so nervous about what kind of "performance" we might see out of Samuel since he has a little bit of a stubborn streak in him, he doesn't do well with large groups of people, and he is a toddler, therefore incredibly unpredictable.  Holding true to being unpredictable, Samuel ROCKED his ring bearer status!!! 

I was shocked.  Just minutes before the wedding Samuel was clinging to me, crying, and not cooperating for pictures.  I had horrible images of me dragging Samuel down the aisle, and my wonderful strapless dress would fall off in the middle of the aisle.  But the music started, Samuel broke out a big old smile, and down the aisle we went.  He did so well, he just wanted to keep going...all the way up the steps to Uncle Ricky!!!  After I reeled him in, we enjoyed the wedding!  And he LOVED hanging out with dad and the other groomsmen in the groomsmen room.  They had a pool table, a fruit and cheese tray, and even a little chair for Samuel to sit on!  Plus, hanging with the boys is always fun!!!

Samuel also loved the reception food and ate his fair share of stuffing and brownies!  He also loved exploring the area!  Big house, lots of steps, and tons of outdoors space is just Samuel's type of place!  And considering he skipped his afternoon nap, he was quite the cordial little guy!  And soooooooooooo handsome in his little grey suit!!! 

Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding, and now a beautiful husband and wife!  We are so happy to have Aunt Mandy as part of the Balas gang!


The Balas Family!

Samuel and the best man/best grandpa!
Me and my sister!  Mom found these great dresses for us!  Thanks mom!
My brother!!!
Enjoying the fruit and cheese tray...A LOT!
Playing pool!
All dressed up in his suit, vest, and tie!
Contemplating!
Samuel and Eric
The wedding!
The RAIN!
Having so much fun!!!
Father/Son moment

He found the ONLY mud puddle at the wedding...and proceeded to play in it all evening!
Taking a break with his 4th brownie of the day!
Another brownie break (#5!) Being a ring bearer is exhausting!
Mommy and Samuel!
Our little family!  Look at Samuel waving Hi!

1 comment: