I cannot believe how "grown up" Samuel has become over the past few months. It's really hard for me...and I get teary eyed for no reason when I think about how quickly time has gone. Eric and I were just talking tonight about how sweet and tiny Samuel was when we were in the hospital, all swaddled up and so tiny under the Billi lights to clear up his jaundice! Now we have this amazing (albeit wild!) boy. He really is amazing!
It has been a major step for us...and a lot of coming to terms with it on my part, but we put Samuel into a toddler bed! I wasn't ready for it...but I'm not sure a mom is ever really ready to put the crib away! But those of you who know Samuel know he is super tall and very agile, and his ability to climb out of his crib was a little scary. So one day we just decided...it's time.
I couldn't bear to watch...so Eric converted the crib on his own and called us in when he was finished. Samuel was in LOVE! He still is! He LOVES his bed!!!! Samuel has always been very attached to me, but with this bed conversion he'll now sit on his bed with his books and "read" and lay with his feet on his bars and sing. It is so cute and funny! And it gives me a few extra minutes to get things done! He just really enjoys having a bed just like mommy and daddy! And we are enjoying it too...even if I wasn't ready for it!!!
Over the past couple weeks, I've come to terms with the toddler bed. And I'm just thankful that Samuel loves his little bed. Every evening after bath time we turn on his little lamp, and read book, after book, after book, after book. This usually lasts for an hour. Samuel picks out 15-20 books, puts them on his bed while I get ready for bed, and then we just read...over and over and over again. His current favorite books are Where is the Green Sheep (thanks Grandpa and Granny B!), The Foot Book, and Dinosaur versus Bedtime (Thanks Uncle Ricky and Aunt Mandy). It's my favorite time of the day.
first grade.
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment