The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sick Samster :0(

The past week has been less than fun here at the Raines household.  Samuel came down with a virus of some sort...and it wasn't pretty.  Lots of diaper changes, baths, and temperature checks. We maxed out at 102 (mommy called Children's Medical Group within 15 seconds of that reading!)  CMG said it wasn't strep, ear infection, or a bacterial infection.  It was a virus, and it could last up to 14 days...and sent me home to deal with it. 14 days is a VERY LONG TIME when you have a sick child!

I spent the week begging Samuel to eat something, ANYTHING.  I was offering fudge pops for breakfast with no luck.  And anyone who says sick kids sleep a lot obviously hasn't met my son!  Samuel barely sleeps as it is, and apparently when he is sick, he sleeps even less!  One night we were up past 2am and he was up at 7...quite chipper!

Thankfully he would give in at nap time.  I couldn't help but take this picture.  First, it was funny and second it's a rarity.  Samuel was watching Calliou, I was able to slip away to throw some food in the crock pot and do a few dishes.  I looked in the living room and Samuel was sleeping sitting straight up!  Very unlike him, but so cute!  I took a second to snap a picture before we took a nap.

Oh, and Samuel is finally feeling much better!  A week later the fever is finally gone, and my investment in diapers has decreased substantially :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment