The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

One day last summer I was shopping at Gabes and saw the plastic spinning pinwheels that I just loved as a child. I checked out the price tag... it was only .29, so I bought one for Samuel. At the time he was way to little to like the toy or appreciate it, so I packed it away in the basement and had forgotten about it.

With our recent spring weather, we brought out all the spring and summer toys out of the basement! Bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a kite, slides, a picnic table, sand table...and the forgotten pinwheel!

Words cannot even begin to describe how much Samuel loves it! He loves to hold it, and wave it and watch it spin! And the joy I get from watching him is just amazing! I could gush on and on and on about it, but the pictures I was able to catch with him playing do a much better job justifying the situation! The joys a 1-year old brings!











1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't love a pinwheel! We recently pulled out the sidewalk chalk and had ourselves a hay day! I also saw a kite at the store the other day and with how windy it has been here I want nothing more than to buy one. Perhaps that is one of the more fun parts of having kids, having a good excuse to buy toys that we can play with too. Lol I know it will also be fun though to watch them play with it too.

    ReplyDelete