The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Proofing

I seriously pride myself on baby proofing our house. It has been baby proofed since I got the first positive pregnancy test!!! I am on constant alert to ANYTHING that seems out of place, fallen on the floor, or could be hazardous! But, of course, life with a 1-year old is always challenging, new and frightening...so imagine my surprise as he and I were reading some books when he demonstrated for me how he could squeeze his little hand into the base of our gun cabinet and pull out a box of ammo!!!



Don't worry, it isn't as bad as it seems...the box was empty (hence how he was able to squeeze it out of the tiny opening!) But it taught me another lesson on baby proofing...2 locks and latches on EVERYTHING!!! He was quite proud of his box...and of giving me yet another grey hair!

Though relieved that there was no danger, Eric is now convinced that Samuel is ready to take up hunting...even at the age of 15 months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment