The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, October 5, 2012

Kitchen Fun

As I've mentioned numerous times, finding a good balance between spending time with Samuel and spending time with Cora has been a real challenge for me.  Cora's needs at this point are much greater than Samuel's in that I am still constantly nursing Cora, changing diapers, and trying to sleep when she does!  So I grasp on to any free moments I can to do something special with Samuel.  It's been a real challenge for me and something that really bothers me (obviously since I keep writing about it!)
 
A couple Saturday nights ago, Samuel and I "baked" cookies.  OK, so I took the lame way out and bought refrigerated cookig dough to bake...despite my love for baking, I just knew I didn't have the energy or the time to bake cookies from scratch!  I picked out cookie dough with Cars on them! Samuel thought it was great!
 
Over the course of the past month or so, I've been so tired and slightly overwhelmed that I've forgotten about the simple, teachable moments that I can provide for Samuel as a mom!  We used cookie baking as a time to practice our counting, spacing, and colors!  OK, I spaced...Samuel just kind of clustered all the dough together...but it was super cute and super fun!
 


 
While the cookies baked, Samuel "helped" me put away dishes!  Samuel really loves helping out and helps me whenever he can!  Yes, I felt a little edgy as he was waving around my beloved Fiestaware...but he did fine!  And we got all the dishes put away before the cookies were done!
 
 
More "helping"!

1 comment:

  1. These posts make my heart smile. I do have to wonder though where do you get your energy? We only have one and I often feel like I'm drowning. Anywhoo as I've said many a time before, that Samuel is one lucky kid (as is Cora). While homemade cookies are nice I bet car cookies are even better!

    ReplyDelete