Like my maternity pictures, I debated for months whether or not I was going to have Cora's newborn pictures done. I knew that recovering from a C-Section was a lot, and having an active toddler around this time wouldn't make things any easier...but after a lot of thought, I decided that we would get Cora's newborn pictures made!
I didn't have them done with Samuel, I waited until he was a month old to take him out for pictures, and now have some regrets that we didn't get them made.
So I made the appointment, and my sister and brother-in-law surprised us and gave us a photo session for a baby shower gift! Thanks Aunt Chris and Uncle Isaac!
The day of the photo shoot arrived, and I was nervous! I spent the morning gathering props and outfits that I thought we might try to have her photographed in. Eric was skeptical, but a good sport about all of it, with minimal grumbling :0)
Our usual photographer was out of town, so we went with April Platt. We arrived at her house, and she was so pleasant and accomodating!!! Not to mention she ended up capturing some amazing pictures of Cora!!! I was thrilled with her work! And just FYI for anyone in the area, April is super affordable and so great to work with! For $50 you get your session with a CD of your pictures! You can find her on facebook!
Cora was a great subject, and basically slept the whole time! I helped April get Cora positioned...April makes it look easy, but it is SOOOOOOOOO challenging to get a newborn to stay propped up and in certain positions!!!
Cora was being so great, that I ended up scrapping most of the outfits we took and just stuck to a tutu and banner that was made by my friend Chrissy and a head band that my friend Melissa gave us! I thought it was better to get more pictures of a happy sleeping baby then to irritate her with too many outfit changes!
I was just so so so so so pleased by how the pictures came out! I couldn't pick one favorite!!! I loved every single one of them!
I love this picture...look how TINY Cora is!
We ended up doing an outfit change to this precious angel wings and tutu that my friend Cassie gave us! Cora is such an angel! I love how peaceful and sweet she looks in these!
All through the photo session, Samuel kept kissing Cora! I was so happy that April was able to capture this!
People have commented about the doll a lot...I know it's a weird doll, but it was MY first baby doll back in 1980! My mom saved it for me to give to my daughter one day...that's why it keeps showing up in all of our pictures!
Like I said, I couldn't pick a favorite...I loved them all! I'm so glad that we went ahead and did the newborn photos, they were a lot of fun and I'll always cherish these pictures! AND...April Platt really is amazing!!! I highly recommend her!







These pictures are so cute. I wouldn't have been able to pick a favorite either. Okay maybe the one with Samuel kissing her but it only wins by a small smidgen of a point.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys went ahead with the pictures and am equally happy they turned out so well. And I personally don't think the doll is creepy, maybe though its because of the thought that it was once your doll that your mother saved for you to give to Cora. I'll admit I'm a sucker for stories like that.