Now that I have two kids to share my time with, I've had to learn to let each one spend some time on their own. It's been hard letting go. Samuel and I have always done everything together all the time! But with nursing, diaper changes, and packing...I've had to take a step back.
As you can imagine the guilt overcame me...which led to sadness...which led to more guilt. Ah the guilt! It's never ending!
However, once I got through the guilt...I realized, my kids are awesome! Though they need their mommy...they are OK on their own too!
Cora is such a laid back baby! Whenever I put her in a bouncy while I'm doing something with Samuel, she coo's happily and loves to observe whatever she can! She is very independent!
I have been really surprised at how creative Samuel has gotten when mommy is always entertaining him! Last week Samuel pulled out EVERY BOX of diapers that I got from the baby shower...brought them out into the living room where I was feeding Cora, and made a pretty snazzy fort! I see a future in architecture!
Samuel also entertains himself with empty boxes! One of the perks of moving is that we always have empty boxes around...and Samuel fits himself to all of them! We joke that he's just trying to ship himself abroad so he doesn't have to deal with a little sister :0)
So now that I've stepped back and let the kids entertain themselves...I've found that they are really entertaining me! It's been so overwhelming packing and moving, that watching Samuel play in boxes and hearing Cora coo from across the room really makes my day :0)


1. I'm impressed at how well he got into that last box! It would seem that he has a good sense of spatial awareness.
ReplyDelete2. As for the mommy guilt if you ever figure out how to get rid of it please let me know.
3. I love seeing pictures of Cora in Lydia's old clothes. I will admit though it gets me a bit misty eyed every time I see it (in a good way).