The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, October 13, 2012

1-Month Old!

When I had Samuel, I honestly wasn't sure I was going to survive motherhood.  I honestly lived day by day, sleep deprived, and just hoping I was going to make it!!!
 
So I prepared myself this time around...I prepped for the worst.  I figured I'd never sleep again, never eat again, and never go anywhere every again!
 
However, my first month as a mother to Cora has been A-MAZ-ING!  AMAZING!  SERIOUSLY!  Cora and Samuel are two completely different types of people!!!
 
So what has the first month been like for Miss Cora???
 
First off, she's a firecracker!  Cora goes from happiest baby in the world to screaming all within 3 seconds.  Since she's our second, it doesn't even phase us!  She usually calms very quickly by eating or being held upright on a shoulder and walking!
 
Cora has had a mild case of colic :0/  It isn't something I recommend :0)  Starting around 4pm, the crying starts...so we just take turns rocking, walking, and singing.  A few hours later, our former, very calm baby returns and all is right in the world again!
 
Cora is a super laid back baby!  She has to be with Samuel running around!  She is also fascinated by her big brother!!  She will watch him whenever she can!  And Samuel is surprisingly amazing with Cora!  We have taught him how to "soft touch" Cora and how to give kisses!  I have loved watching the interaction over the past month...it's so sweet!
 
Cora's a great sleeper too...at least by my standards!  She sleeps most of the day, and most of the night too!  She usually wakes me 1-2 times a night to eat, look around, and goes back to sleep!  She usually starts off with a 4 hour sleep stretch, up for about 45-minutes, then does 2-3 hours after that.  This is all fine by me...Samuel was never a good sleeper!  And to top it off, the only place she likes sleeping is her crib!  We can even lay her down to watch the mobile, and she'll just put herself to sleep!!!  I really thought people were lying to me when they said their kids would do such things!!!
 
Cora is already trying to roll over...I can only assume it's to keep up with her brother!
 
At her 1-month appointment Cora was 22 inches long and 9 lbs 6oz!!!  She was in the 50th percentile for height and weight!!!
 
Cora is also a good eater!  She loves being held, swinging in her swing, and loves taking a bath!
 
Here's our favorite little 1-month old gal!
 

 
Samuel really does adore her!
 


 
I am so proud of how well Samuel has adjusted to being a big brother!  It's had a few bumps along the way, but he's really doing terrific!
 

1 comment:

  1. Is it cheesy that I did kind of a happy dance while reading this? I cannot tell you how happy I am that she is such a good sleeper. I am sorry about the colic and I imagine have two children still has its challenges but I am still so happy that God has given you a bit of a reprieve with Cora.

    ReplyDelete