I say it frequently that I am blessed with some amazing friends! Most of my friends are other mom's. I feel so lucky to have such a widespread group of women and mom's who are so supportive of each other and love their children so much! I belong to a local MOPS group that is just phenomenal.
When I was pregnant with Samuel, I also found a group of mom's online who all had due dates the same time as I did! A bunch of us stuck it out through the pregnancy and birth of our children! It's really great to be able to chat with other mom's whose kids are the exact same age as Samuel! We talk about life, marriage, our kids, frustrations, and great things that happen! Though we live throughout the US (and world really since there are mom's from Canada, France, and the UK!), I feel really close to each of the mom's in the group! Our goal is to one day meet in person!!! I can't wait! I've been through pregnancy, birth, and raising Samuel with these mom's...and several of them were pregnant with me again while I was expecting Cora! I love those girls so much! Even though it isn't a traditional friendship, I take what I can get! Each of them have such an impact on my life as a mom! We text, e-mail, and post on Facebook daily!
A couple weeks ago, I opened my mailbox to a mysterious package inside from the IAP Compound (IAP is the website we met! and we've always joked we need to just all move together on a compound...built in baby-sitters!). I was intrigued...what did they send me now???
When I opened the package, I couldn't help but laugh...it was a gift for Samuel!!! A superhero cape that says Super Big Brother with his name on it!!!!!!!! I loved it immediately!!! I had planned on making a cape for him (Samuel is really into the tv show Super Why with it's super heroes!)
Of course, Eric was offended that the girls didn't send him a cape that says Super Dad on it! So he tried swiping Samuel's.
Samuel made some demands for the return of the super hero cape!
Eric returning it to the rightful owner!
Our Super Big Brother!!!!!
By the way, a few days later I found ANOTHER package in my mailbox from the IAP Compound! This one for Cora!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, these girls are amazing! Two packages in one week, I ended up in tears twice in one week over their thoughtfulness!
And how cute are these outfits???
LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!


That was really sweet of your friends to do that. I guess I should have listened to you and tried to join a pregnancy group. Ah well, too late now. The cape is awesome and both Samuel and Eric seem to fit the part perfectly.
ReplyDelete