The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Maternity Pictures 37-Weeks Pregnant

When I was pregnant with Samuel, I didn't get maternity pictures done.  I am very self-conscious of my stomach...and the last thing I wanted to do was stick it out there for everyone to see :0)   I really have no regrets on not having pictures done...I felt like I was the size of a house with Samuel!!!
 
So when I became pregnant with Cora, EVERYONE insisted that I get maternity pictures done!  So I scheduled pictures for when I was 28-weeks as a little treat to myself for Mother's Day.  I wasn't too big, I had a super cute baby belly going, I was ready for it!  Then a few days before pictures, I somehow got covered in poison ivy!  It swelled my face up, my right eye shut, and covered my arms.  So pictures were cancelled and I took it as a sign to keep my belly to myself!!!
 
Then at my baby shower, my friends surprised me with a photo session with a local photographer!  SOOOOOOOOOO, I waddled in there 37-weeks pregnant and had maternity pictures made!  I'm not one to "flaunt" myself for pictures...but considering I was HUGE, 37-weeks pregnant, I thought that the pictures turned out amazing!!!!  We had originally planned to take Samuel with us, but realized that he wouldn't withstand a 2-hour photo session, so it was just me and Eric.  I'm really happy the way it worked out, while it would have been great to have Samuel in the pictures, it gave me and Eric a much needed afternoon together!  We went out for lunch, had a doctors appointment, and then did pictures!
 
The entire session went a lot better than I expected!  We did our pictures with Lasting Memories Photography in Cumberland, the photographer is Stacia Whisner.  She's done several of our pictures before, so I was really comfortable working with her!  Plus, Eric had us laughing the whole time!
 
This is my favorite picture :0)
 







 
Stacia's great!  She got out most of the stretch marks I earned with Cora!
 
 
My dear friend Cassie sent me these amazing angel wings and a matching tutu (which I later used for Cora's newborn pictures) I got TONS of compliments on these wings for our little angel!!!
 

 
This is a baby dress that I wore...Circa 1980!  My momma kept a keepsake box for me!  I thought it was the perfect photo prop!!!!  I'll have Cora's picture made it in too!
 
 
This was my doll!!!  Something else my mom kept for me!
 

 
 I was a little leery about these sheet photos, but they weren't at all embarrassing to take!  I had a tank top on underneath!
 

 
Though,my mom's comment on this one was: "So this explains how you got pregnant" Nice mom!
 
 
My friend Chrissy made this for my baby shower!  We used it for these pictures, Cora's newborn pictures, and it's hanging in her room right now!
 


 
My baby dress again!
 





 
Eric expressed during pictures that his feelings were hurt that no one wanted belly shots of him...so Stacia accomodated him :0)  I was laughing pretty hard at that point!
 
 




 
So my final thoughts on maternity pictures...do them!  I'm so glad that I did get some done!  It really was an amazing time in my life, and I'm so glad I got it captured!

1 comment: