For 39-weeks I worried how Samuel would react to Cora. Samuel's our baby! He's been the one and only, center of attention, has us wrapped around his little finger, light of our lives little boy. Neither Eric or I were sure how Samuel might react to having a baby in the house.
My worrying intensified when I would hold my friends baby's, and Samuel would say no! And get upset!! Once I started showing, I continuously talked about having a baby in the house, and what it would mean to be a big brother! I wasn't sure if Samuel really understood the magnitude of what was about to happen, but we gave it our all!!!
So after weeks and weeks of worrying, Samuel's reaction to Cora was very nonchalant. I didn't hold Cora when Samuel met her for the first time. She was in her swing, and I explained that was our baby and she would live with us now. Samuel just kind of looked at her, gave me a bunch of hugs, and went about playing with more hugs for me! Even when I would hold or nurse Cora, Samuel didn't seem to care!
We are now three weeks into Samuel being a big brother, and he's doing amazing!!! He hasn't shown any type of jealously at all towards Cora. We've had to work with him on how to touch her "soft" and he LOVES to give her kisses and hold her. I should have never doubted my little guy!!! He has such a sweet spirit in him, I should have known that he would be a natural big brother!
Our first evening home with Cora! Samuel was so happy!!! And I am so blessed!
Aunt Chris made a "It's a Girl" wreath for us! Samuel thought it was more fun to use it as a hula hoop!


I saw the title for this post and realized that I was so excited to read it. Who doesn't love reading stories of siblings meeting for the first time? Sounds like it wasn't super eventful but I bet it was sweet nonetheless.
ReplyDelete